Last Updated on April 20, 2023
RV toilets are notoriously dirty, and they often have low water pressure. This makes cleaning yourself after using the toilet a burden. It makes germs, bacteria, and other contaminants spread faster. You can solve these problems with the best bidet for RV toilets by providing a stream of water.
After using the toilet, RV bidets clean your anal and genital areas. Unlike a regular toilet, which only flushes waste away, bidets use the water stream to clean. It is more effective and gentle than standard toilet paper due to its adjustable temperatures and pressures. The question is, how do you choose the right bidet for the RV toilet?
We tell you what to look for in RV toilet bidets with our top five picks. By the end of this guide, you should know which bidet is right for you.
LUXE Bidet Neo 120 Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment
● Self Cleaning: Yes
● Nozzle Guard: Yes
● Weight: 1.8 pounds
● DimensionsLxWxH: 12 x 6 x 6 inches
SAMODRA Ultra Thin Bidet Attachment
● Self Cleaning: No
● Nozzle Guard: No
● Weight: 1.34 pounds
● DimensionsLxWxH: 16.61 x 7.44 x 3.7 inches
Veken Ultra Slim Dual Nozzle Bidet
● Self Cleaning: No
● Nozzle Guard: No
● Weight: 1.87 pounds
● DimensionsLxWxH: 15.16 x 12.99 x 2.95 inches
Do Bidets Get All the Poop Off?
Regarding RV hygiene, nothing is more important than keeping your bathroom clean. The toilet paper does a good job of spreading poo all over your bum hole, but a bidet actually washes it away.
Besides that, bidets can also help prevent UTIs and other infections. So if you’re RVing with a group of friends or family, consider investing in a bidet.
Is a Bidet for a Man or Woman?
The answer is that bidets are for everyone. Whether a man, woman, or child, a bidet can provide a refreshing post-soil clean. There are many different types of bidets on the market, each with its unique features, but all provide a thorough cleansing that leaves you feeling refreshed.
As more people become aware of the many benefits of using a bidet, it is clear that they are not just for men or women. Anyone who wants to enjoy a clean and refreshing posterior cleansing will benefit from using a bidet.
Can You Turn Your Toilet into an RV Bidet?
Many RVs have small bathrooms that can be challenging to keep clean. If you’ve ever wished for a bidet in your RV, you may be in luck.
While most RVs don’t have bidets installed, it is possible to retrofit your RV toilet with a bidet seat. This can significantly reduce your time cleaning your RV bathroom and keep yourself feeling fresh on long road trips.
How to Measure For an RV Bidet?
Measuring an RV bidet is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. The first step is to measure the width of your RV toilet. To do this, simply use a tape measure to determine the distance between the two outside edges of the toilet bowl.
The next step is to measure the distance from the front of the toilet to the back wall of the RV. This will help you to determine the appropriate height for your bidet. Finally, you will need to consider any special features you may want in your bidets, such as an adjustable spray nozzle or a built-in heater.
5 Best Bidets for RV Toilet : Explained
The RV bidet is a small, lightweight accessory that can be attached to an RV toilet. It is designed to provide a hygienic way to clean oneself after using the toilet, and both men and women can use it.
With so many models and options on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. A few top bidets stand out from the rest, and these are our favorites:
1. LUXE Bidet Neo 120 Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment
While the LUXE Bidet may look like a simple toilet attachment, it is a powerful tool for improving hygiene. Its stream of water is highly effective at cleansing the genitals and anal area, and it can help to reduce the spread of bacteria.
● Sleek, modern design with high-quality components
● A hygienic nozzle guard gate protects the nozzle after each use
● Easy to install with all parts and tools included
● Environmentally friendly and a worthwhile investment
● Single nozzle for front and back cleansing
● Self-cleaning nozzle with adjustable water level
● Retractable nozzle for a clean rinse every time
● Quiet operation offers maximum comfort
The LUXE Bidet neo 120 mechanical bidet toilet attachment includes just one nozzle and one temperature, making it a convenient choice for people who don’t want any fuss. In spite of its simplicity, the LUXE Bidet can be used by anyone regardless of size or gender. Cleaning is also relatively straightforward.
A cleansing stream of water is provided to clean the machine’s front and back. With each use of the LUXE Bidet, the self-cleaning nozzle helps to keep it clean and sanitary.
It allows you to customize the cleansing experience with the adjustable seating position to your needs. You can clean even the hardest-to-reach places with the bear-down feature.
Installation Isn’t Complicated
In contrast to the electric travel bidet, the LUXE Bidet does not require any special wiring or plumbing. Simply attach it to the water supply line of your existing toilet.
With the LUXE Bidet, you can control the amount of water flow applied to the nozzle using the dial adjustment. A more secure connection between the bidet and the toilet is also possible with the upgraded T-adapter.
Alternative to Toilet Paper
You will save money on toilet paper in the long run by using the BidetNeo120s mechanical bidet attachment. A retractable nozzle allows for a clean rinse every time without needing toilet paper. Also, the nozzle’s advanced features help keep it germ-free and safe.
Despite its sleek and solid design, installation is relatively quick and straightforward. After installing, the jet focuses on the target, making a clean wash easy. It is also very quiet, which is a bonus. Anyone looking for a bidet can get LUXE’s bidet.
- The water can be near freezing if it hasn’t had time to warm up inside the pipes during winter.
- This is often not a problem since the pipes usually have enough room-temperature water to prevent this. Before using the bidet, you can also flush the toilet once or twice to warm the water.
Bidets like the LUXE BidetNeo120s are an excellent option for most RV bathrooms. Easy to install and use, it provides a powerful cleansing action that leaves you feeling clean and refreshed. The self-cleaning nozzle makes it easier to keep the bidet clean.
2. SAMODRA Ultra Thin Bidet Attachment
SAMODRA bidet is revolutionizing the way people clean themselves after using the toilet. Unlike traditional bidets, which require a separate water source, the SAMODRA attaches directly to your toilet and draws water from the existing tank.
● Dual nozzle design for both posterior and feminine cleansing
● Ultra slim at just 0.19 inches thick
● Water pressurization is adjustable via the rotary controller
● Nozzle protection design prevents breakage
● High-quality components for durability and cost-effectiveness
● The compact design makes it easy to place in the bathroom
● It fits most toilets, both old and new
Water Pressure Control
The SAMODRA ultra thin bidet attachment is a convenient way to keep yourself clean. It has a flow control that helps regulate the water flow, so you can have a light spray or a strong one, depending on your needs. It cleans well, so there won’t be anything being left behind.
Round Dial Twists
With its one-hand operation, it is easy to operate. The sprayer can easily be turned on and off with the twist of the dial, making it convenient for daily use.
Also, it fits most old and new toilets, making it a versatile option for bathroom renovations. It is easy to place in the bathroom due to its compact design.
Dual Nozzle System
You can choose the nozzle setting that perfectly meets your needs among two different levels of cleaning. The under-seat design makes it easy to install and use, and the compact size means it won’t take up much space. White finishes complement any decor, too.
Slim design allows this bidet toilet seat to be concealed easily since it doesn’t raise. With the retractable spray head, you can always reach your target area since the nozzles are self-cleaning.
You can adjust the water volume settings to suit your preferences, while the plate hole positioning allows you to place the seat exactly where you prefer.
This SSAMODRA Series 07 bidet is a small, easy-to-install bidet that makes a great addition to any bathroom. Only 7 inches wide, the SAMODRA fresh water bidet seats attachment takes up very little space and can be easily installed in 15 to 20 minutes. Simply attach the bidet to the toilet water source, and you’re ready to go.
- Some users are concerned about the low-profile handle of the SAMODRA bidet.
- It’s not a big deal. Besides, the bidet’s handle has all the functions you would expect. The handle also provides a good grip.
Compact bidets from SAMODRA are easy to install and space-saving. Whether you’re renovating or building a new home, this is a great option. Aside from that, the two settings of the nozzles provide different levels of cleaning power.
3. Veken Ultra Slim Dual Nozzle Bidet
In today’s world, there are many choices to make regarding bidets. But if you’re looking for an effective, easy-to-use, affordable option, then the Veken ultra slim dual nozzle bidet is a clear choice due to its many functions and benefits.
● Two spraying modes for a refreshing clean
● Adjustable water strength for a personalized clean
● More durable brass inlet for a water-tight connection
● Thin and compatible design for easy installation
● Chrome-plated control dial for adjusting water flow
● Shields cover the bidet nozzles for extra protection
● Easy to clean and use for a refreshing cleansing experience
Ultra Slim Construction
This bidet features two nozzles, one for posterior cleansing and one for female part cleansing. The bidet’s pressure and force area are balanced when sitting on the toilet, making it less likely that water will splash out of the gap.
The high-quality attachment hose is a great bonus, making it easy to connect to your existing toilet. With its slim profile, the Veken VK539 is an excellent choice for those looking for a high-end bidet that won’t take up too much space.
This Bidet is a top-line product that provides luxury and practicality in one affordable package. The exclusive design is suitable for any bathroom, and the chrome-plated control dial ensures you can find the correct water force for your needs. As a result of the compact design, the seat is not raised much, so it is more comfortable to occupy.
The water strength is good at the first click as a first feature. It’s convenient because you don’t want to keep changing the water volume.
Squeezing the water is controlled separately. It is optional to adjust the water force for each nozzle separately, which is helpful if you want to.
Another aspect is that you may need to adjust where you sit on the toilet seat. This is significant because you want to ensure that you are in the correct position for the bidet to work correctly.
Shields Covering Nozzles
Its control handle is easy to clean and use, making it an ideal choice for those who want a high-end bidet that is easy to operate. The bidet can also fit most toilets, making it versatile in various bathroom settings.
There is also a shield covering the two spray nozzles on the bidet. This helps protect the bidet from messy toilet experiences, ensuring it will always look its best.
- If you have weak water pressure, the stream of water washing your underside will be correspondingly weak.
- To find out if the Veken will work in your particular bathroom, check the water supply in your existing or new bathroom.
- You can use a pressure gauge to do this. The Veken will work best if your water force is around 80 psi.
- The hose did not tighten properly for some users.
- If you are in the same situation, try a dry run with the installation before disconnecting anything. Also, make sure to watch some of the informative YouTube videos on how easy it is to install.
Veken VK539 provides luxury and functionality in one affordable package with its exclusive design and modern features. A pair of nozzles allows it to be used for women’s cleansing needs. This is a smart choice if you need a bidet that doesn’t take up a lot of space.
4. Brondell Non-electric Bidet Toilet Attachment
Brondell’s mission is to provide people with a higher standard of cleanliness. The company designs and manufactures various innovative and stylish RV toilet attachment products that improve users’ health and wellbeing while saving water and energy.
● A thin and simple bidet seat with no gap
● Self-cleaning retractable nozzle and freshwater spray
● The controls are smooth and easy to turn
● Slim and strong, with metal braided hose and T-valve
● Installation does not require a plumber or any tools
● It can be used with a raised toilet bed
● Detachable hose for easy cleaning
One of the best features of this product is its durable construction. You can use it for a long time without worrying about breaking it down. There’s also a guard over the nozzle. It prevents back splatter, which can happen with traditional bidets.
The Brondell non-electric bidet toilet attachment allows you to easily add the benefits of a bidet to your existing toilet. When the bidet is not in use, the toilet lid risers prevent the lid from contacting the bidet due to the adjustable spray nozzle.
Cleaning the bidet attachment is also easy with the detachable hose. In this way, the Brondell bidet SS-150 attachment allows you to enjoy the benefits of a bidet without installing a separate unit.
Prevention of Leaks
The Brondell non-electric thinline simple bidet has a washer between the quarter turn valve and the bidet, making it easy to install without leaking. Its powerful water jets provide a thorough clean, and cold water is perfect for those who prefer a soothing experience.
If necessary, this attachment may be used with a raised toilet seat. The installation process is quick and easy and can be used with any toilet seat. Its simplicity of operation characterizes this model. No batteries or electricity are required so that you can use the bidet without any hassle.
- Single nozzle sprays can be a little bit harsh and cause splashes.
- Use a ball valve turned on and off to provide water flow to the bidet. Also, you can use a quarter-turn ball valve to prevent accidental flooding.
- Some users report that bidet attachments stain over time.
- You can prevent staining by regularly cleaning your bidet accessory with regular household cleaners.
You can use the Brondell bidet attachment whether you want a more hygienic way to clean yourself or just want the convenience of a bidet without electricity. It’s easy to install, durable and has a detachable hose for easy cleaning.
5. BioBidet Fresh Water Spray Non-electric Mechanical Bidet
Most people are familiar with the traditional toilet’s bidet, which jets a stream of water up from under the seat to clean your posterior. The BioBidet toilet attachment is an innovative design that offers several advantages over the traditional model.
● Dual nozzles for cleaning
● Water flow can be adjusted
● Toilet paper can be saved
● Provide hygienic cleansing
● Simple installation in RVs
This product has two retractable nozzles that provide front and back cleansing. The self-cleaning mode ensures that the nozzles stay clean and germ-free. Almost all toilets can be used with the product. This makes it an excellent choice for those who want to add a bidet to their bathroom without replacing their toilet lid.
BioBidet fresh water spray non-electric mechanical bidet is an excellent option for busy people or those with limited mobility. It is more sanitary and environmentally friendly than toilet paper or wipes and provides refreshing cold water. Stay clean and refreshed all day long with this attachment, which is straightforward to use.
With its sleek and compact design, this bidet takes up very little space in the bathroom. It is designed for easy installation in RV toilets over traditional products, with simple instructions that take around 30 minutes. The hose is also detachable for ease of cleaning.
Adjustable Water Setting
It has an adjustable water volume control knob, making it easy to customize the level of cleansing for your needs. The knobs are also easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about accidentally spraying yourself or your toilet. Plus, the nozzle is adjustable to provide a comfortable position for everyone.
The BioBidet Non-electric toilet attachment is designed to provide a more hygienic RV toilet experience. Due to its small gap between the seat and the bowl, it is easier to clean. A flat bottom prevents interference with existing toilet seats, and a dial on the back sets the angle just right.
- T-connector may lose due to water stress
- Use plumbers tape on the threaded parts before connecting them to avoid leaks.
- Some users have found that the bidet’s instructions are insufficient.
- Users can find instructions on using the handheld bidet on the manufacturer’s website or online, where videos are available.
Choosing the BioBidet attachment ensures a more hygienic and refreshing cleansing experience. With adjustable water volume and nozzle settings, it’s easy to install and use. You’ll also save space in your bathroom with the sleek design.
These are the top five bidet attachments for RV toilets. They all have pros and cons, so choosing the one that best suits your needs is essential. But what are the key things to look for when choosing a bidet fitting for your RV toilet? Let’s take a look.
Bidet for RV Toilets: Comparison Chart
|Product||Self Cleaning||Nozzle Guard||Weight||DimensionsLxWxH|
|LUXE BidetNeo120s||Yes||Yes||1.8 pounds||12 x 6 x 6 inches|
|SAMODRA Series 07||No||No||1.34 pounds||16.61 x 7.44 x 3.7 inches|
|Veken VK539||No||No||1.87 pounds||15.16 x 12.99 x 2.95 inches|
|Brondell Bidet SS-150||Yes||Yes||9.6 ounces||15.4 x 9.15 x 0.2 inches|
|BioBidet Non-electric||No||Yes||1 pound||18 x 10 x 4 inches|
How to Choose the Best RV Bidet?
A bidet is a worthwhile addition when it comes to keeping your recreational vehicle clean. Not only does it make cleaning yourself easier, but it can also help keep your toilet clean.
But with so many different types of bidets available, how do you know which one is the best for you? Here are some things to consider when purchasing an RV bidet:
Your RV bidet should have a self-cleaning nozzle. This nozzle cleans the spray head after each use. The advantage of this is that it prevents the build-up of mold, mildew, and bacteria. It also reduces the chances of clogging. A button or switch activates the self-cleaning feature.
It is essential to read the instructions carefully before using this feature. Some nozzles have a separate cleaning cycle, while other bidets clean themselves automatically after each use. Review the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure you know your nozzle’s work before using it.
Water Pressure Control
When determining how much water pressure you need, it’s essential to remember that too much pressure can be uncomfortable and even painful. To find the sweet spot, start with a lower setting and gradually increase the pressure until you find the one that’s right for you.
If the water volume is too low, you can always try increasing it until you find a setting that works well for you. Ultimately, it’s about balancing too much and too little water force. You should be able to find a setting that works for you by experimenting.
An Easy-to-Use Design
After all, who wants to fiddle with a complicated device when nature calls? Fortunately, a few simple design cues can help you identify an easy-to-operate bidet.
- Choose a model with a large, intuitive control panel. The buttons should be clearly labeled and easy to reach.
- Next, choose a compact, sleek bidet. This will ensure that it takes up minimal counter space and can efficiently operate with one hand.
- Before making your purchase, read the instructions carefully. This will help you familiarize yourself with the controls and get the most out of your new purchase.
Adjustable Nozzle System
RV bidets come in two main types: those with adjustable nozzles and those without. You can control the water flow rate and spray pattern with an adjustable nozzle system.
In addition to sensitive skin, the bidet can be used for cleaning toilet bowls (e.g.). Without an adjustable nozzle system, the water stream and spray pattern are fixed, so you might not be able to achieve the desired results.
When determining the adaptable positioning for your RV bidet, you will need to consider the size and layout of your RV bathroom. If you have a large bathroom, you will have more options for positioning the bidet.
In a small bathroom, you will have to be more creative in finding the best position for the bidet. You’ll also need to ensure the bidet hose is long enough to reach the distance between the water supply and the desired bidet position.
Also, make sure the RV toilet lid is in the right position. Positioning too high or low can make using the bidet difficult and uncomfortable.
Ultra Slim Construction
RV bidets are not all created equal. In today’s RV bathroom market, some models are ultra slim, taking up less area and allowing for more fitting. If you want to know whether a bidet is ultra slim, what can you look for?
The width of an ultra slim bidet is usually less than 12 inches. Make sure the model has a sleek, minimalist design as well. You may be able to install an ultra slim bidet without professional help if you’re handy around the house. Please make sure you read the instructions carefully before purchasing.
How to Install a Bidet in an RV?
Installing a bidet in an RV can be challenging, but it is possible with the right tools and instructions. The most important thing to remember is that you will need to have access to fresh water and a sewage connection.
If your RV does not have a built-in bathroom, you may need to install a small holding tank under the sink to store wastewater. Once you have all of the necessary supplies, follow these steps to install your bidet:
- Turn off the water supply to your RV. This is typically located at the main shut-off valve near the street.
- Locate the water line from the shut-off valve into your RV. It’s usually behind the kitchen sink or under the bathroom sink.
- Cut a small hole in the water line using a utility knife or saw. Be sure to cap off any open water line ends with wire caps or plugs so that no water can escape.
- Connect one end of the bidet hose to the T-valve and the other end to the freshwater supply line. If you use an adapter, connect it to the faucet first, then connect the bidet hose to the adapter.
- Open up the fresh water supply valve and test your bidet by running some water through it. If everything works correctly, close up any open holes in your RV’s plumbing with caulking or another sealant.
How Long Should You Rinse With an RV Bidet?
RV bidets have no set length for rinsing. Bidet instructions and your personal preferences will determine how long you spend rinsing. Generally, you’ll want to spray for 20-60 seconds to ensure you’re clean.
Some people may need to rinse for longer periods, especially if they use a bidet for the first time. Experiment with different rinsing times until you find what works best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
While RV bidet toilets can be a convenient addition to your motorhome, you should consider some relevant questions before buying one. Here are some of the most common questions and answers we receive about RV bidets:
1. How do you dry your privates after using a bidet?
Drying after a bidet is easy, especially if your bidet seat has a built-in warm air dryer. If your bidet doesn’t have a ‘Dry’ button, don’t worry. You can simply use toilet paper or a towel to dry off.
In most public toilets with bidets, towels are provided on a ring next to the bidet. Once you’re dry, you can go about your day as usual. There’s no need to worry about any residual wetness or mess.
2. Are there battery powered bidets?
While many different types and styles of bidets are available on the market, relatively few are battery-operated. These models are usually found in portable bidets designed for use when traveling or camping. The portable bidet with batteries can be quite feature-rich, offering a variety of cleansing and drying options despite their small size.
3. Can bidets cause urinary tract infections?
There is some concern that bidets may cause urinary tract infections. If the bathroom bidet contains germs, those germs could enter your urinary tract, vagina, or skin cracks. Despite this, there is no evidence that bidets cause urinary tract infections.
Bidets may help to prevent infections by keeping the area clean. If you are concerned about the possibility of infection, clean your bidet thoroughly after each use.
4. How does a woman sit on a bidet seat in RV toilets?
There are generally two ways to sit on a bidet seat: on the rim or squatting over it. People prefer the former because it’s more stable and less likely to slip. Your legs shouldn’t be too far apart when you’re balancing on the rim, as this can make it hard to keep your balance.
Select the mode or setting you need once you are seated. You’d choose feminine wash if you were cleaning after urinating. Remember that some bidets have a button or lever you need to hold down to get the water flowing, while others will start automatically. To dry off any remaining moisture, use RV toilet paper.
You can see that the bidet for the toilet can be very useful when RVing. Consider our outlined best bidet for RV toilets if you’re considering buying one. The features of each model vary, so read the reviews carefully to find the most suitable bidet for you. We also outline buying guides so that you can follow them.
Now that you know how RV bidets work, you know how they are used. It is easy to install, and you can use it without a problem. Let us know if you found this guide helpful by commenting below. Wishing you a wonderful trip.
- A LUXURIOUS LOOK AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE – With a sleek design and high-quality parts, our bidet…
- HYGIENIC NOZZLE GUARD GATE – Shields the nozzle for your ultimate sanitary experience. The nozzle…
- HAVE FUN DOING IT YOURSELF – Includes ALL PARTS AND TOOLS to get your bidet up and running in…