Boat fishing is a fun way to get outside and enjoy the water, but it can also be frustrating. When it comes to fishing boats, Crestliner and Tracker are two of the most popular brands. But which one is better for you?
Both companies make high-quality products, but they have different strengths and weaknesses. In this article, we will compare the Crestliner vs Tracker to help you decide which one is right for you.
You have to deal with bad weather, poor visibility, and lots of gear that you don’t know how to use. It’s not easy getting started without a pro guide.
Crestliner has been making fishing boats for over 80 years (since 1946), and they know what they’re doing. Their boats are well-made and reliable, and they offer a variety of different models to choose from. These include aluminum boats, fiberglass fishing boats, skiffs, and more.
Tracker has been making boats since 1978, and they also know what they’re doing. Their fishing boats are well-designed and include all the features you expect from a great boat. They make the aluminum boat, bass fishing boats, Jon craft boats, and more.
Differences Between Crestliner vs Tracker Fishing Boats
Although these two companies are making fishing boats, there are many differences between these fishing boats. The most common differences are:
01. Crestliner has been in the business longer. They have been making boats since 1947, while Tracker boats weren’t established until 1978.
02. Crestliner is an American company that manufactures their boats in Otsego, Minn. Tracker boats are also an American company that manufactures their boat at Heartland Of America.
03. The price range of Crestliner’s boats is between $1,699 to $85,344, while Tracker Marine has a lower price range in comparison and starts at $5995 and ends up at $57.707.
04. The average length of a Crestliner boat is up to 18.9 feet, while the average size of a Tracker boat is up to 20 feet.
05. Crestliner’s boats are primarily made for bass fishing, sport, walleye fishing, and muskie fishing, while Tracker boats make primarily saltwater boats such as bay boats, fishing trawlers, and offshore boats.
06. Crestliner’s horsepower range is between 115-200 HP (varies on models), while Tracker Marine has a lower range of 40-70 HP (changes on models).
07. A little over half of Crestliner’s boat models are pedal boats, and a little over a third of bass Tracker boats models are pedal boats.
These are the main differences between the two brands of fishing boats. The next section will discuss some of the essential factors you need to consider to find the right one.
When choosing between Crestliner and Tracker fishing boats, there are a few things you need to consider:
The first thing you need to consider is the size of the boat that will work for your needs. You don’t want to buy a fishing boat that’s too small for your family or friends, but you also don’t want to buy one that’s too large either.
The amount of horsepower the boat has will determine how fast it can go and perform well. You want to buy a bass boat within your price range, but you also want to buy one with enough power, so it doesn’t take forever to get going.
Storage space is another thing you need to consider when buying a boat. You want your fishing rods and other equipment to be easily accessible without overcrowding the boat, but you also don’t want there not to be enough storage.
The weight of the boat is another thing you need to consider. You don’t want a heavy boat because it will be more challenging to control and maneuver, but you also don’t want a light one because it won’t be as durable.
The interior configuration is essential for you to consider because it determines how many people you can have on the boat, where certain things are located, and so on. You want a boat with an interior that will fit your needs.
Also, there are consoling systems for different boats such as:
- Dual Console
A dual console is an excellent option because it offers the two most important things you need in a boat: storage and seating. There are usually cup holders for drinks, rod racks, and other accessories to make your fishing trip more enjoyable. It may cost little extra money, but it’s worth it.
- Side Console
Side consoles are a good option because they offer the same things as a dual console boat, but you don’t have to worry about balancing. These boats usually have higher speeds and handle rougher water better than a single console boat.
- Center Console
A center console is a good option for certain people, but not everyone. It’s a great option because it offers more seating and storage space, but it can be dangerous when you hit rough water or get in the way of the driver.
A tiller is an excellent option if you like to fish and drive simultaneously. It’s also suitable for when you’re in rough water, or someone else wants to drive. The downside is that you can’t see very much while driving, and it has no storage space.
- Stick Steer
A stick steer is an excellent option because it allows you to see more while driving, but the downside is that if someone other than the driver wants to drive, they don’t have any type of console or wheel.
Also, it’s usually difficult for them to see around the steering wheel when driving.
You should consider whether or not the boat you’re considering buying will be comfortable and enjoyable.
You need to make sure that you and your passengers can sit comfortably throughout the whole trip and have enough storage for all of your equipment.
Another thing you need to consider is the weight capacity of the boat. This is usually listed on the specifications for the model you want to buy, so it shouldn’t be hard to find this information.
You should also check to ensure that your vehicle can tow the boat. This is something that shouldn’t be too hard to find out.
You should also check what features the boat comes standard with and which ones you will need to buy separately.
Lastly, the price of the boat needs to consider. You want to buy a high-quality boat with enough power, storage space, and other features that will last you for several years but not break your wallet.
There are different boats, so you need to determine which one will work for you. The most common choice comes down to either Deep-V or Mod-V hulls.
These boats are usually higher quality than mod-V Hulls, but they’re also more expensive. If you’re an avid fisherman, this is probably the best choice. The pros of Deep-V boats are:
- Taking bigger waves is possible.
- The most typical fishing rod used are walleye, salmon, panfish, bass, trout, and catfish.
- Rougher water allows for a more comfortable ride.
- The boat provides a deeper seating area, ideal for older people and families with young children.
- When hauling in that big catch, deeper hulls give you better leverage.
- There is usually room for five or more people.
- Seating options include pedestals, convertible bows, and jump seats.
These are good for people who fish occasionally or just want to do some sightseeing. They offer less storage space and aren’t as durable as Deep V hulls, but they are cheaper. The pros of Mod-V boats are:
- It is easy to run in shallow water and achieve high performance, especially when jumping over small waves.
- Larger, higher deck configurations provide more significant casting space.
- A trolling motor makes maneuvering easier and gets you through tighter spots.
- There’s usually enough room for 2-3 people.
- The hull can be used to navigate to blinds and hunting spots.
Now that you know some of the things to consider when buying a boat, here are some tips to help you choose the perfect one for you:
- Think about what type of fishing you want to do. If you’re mainly going after bass, then you’ll want a different boat than if you’re targeting sharks.
- Consider how many people will be fishing with you. You don’t want a boat that’s too small or too big.
- Think about the weight capacity of the boat. You don’t want to buy one that’s too small or too big.
- Make sure the boat can be towed by your vehicle.
- Check to see what features the boat comes standard with and which ones you will need to buy separately.
- Check to see if consoling systems such as Dual Console, Side console, Center console, or Tiller.
- Think about the storage space and comfortability of the boat you’re considering buying.
- And finally, consider the price of the boat.
Moreover, check to see what features the boat comes standard with and which ones you will need to buy separately.
There are many factors to consider when buying a fishing boat. Choosing the right one for you will depend on your personal preferences, how much money you have to spend, and what type of fish or other prey you plan on catching.
The more time you take researching these options beforehand, the better off your choice in terms of price, features, storage space, etc.
We hope that this article has helped provide some insight into different types of boats and tips to help make your decision easier.